Monday, November 12, 2012

The Holiday Spirit

As I made my way to the gas station, I was cheerily listening to Christmas carols and a familiar song played...."It's the most wonderful time of the year...." la la la. While pumping the expensive liquid that so desperately eats my pocketbook, I hear yelling. I turn around and witness two old men arguing. One old guy chooses the most vulgar words that have ever spurted out of a senior citizen's mouth. "You F___ing Idiot!!". The other guy starts dropping the dreaded "N" word as he pounds his fists and turns red. I look around to see the expressions of my gas pumping companions. One young guy was cracking up as the older lady next to me continued to shake her head in disgust and disbelief. I said a silent prayer, hoping I wouldn't be shot. That gas couldn't come out quick enough for me. I thought about leaving but who leaves $20 worth of gas these days?  All I could think of as I finally drove away was, "Wow! I guess they don't think it's the most wonderful time of the year, huh?". Bah Humbug! Where is the Christmas spirit? Geez!

No comments:

Post a Comment